Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Wishful Imagination

What Bono said in an interview appeals to me pretty much -

"You know what my least favorite John Lennon song is? Imagine."

"At the root of it is some rigorous thinking about the way things could be, but people have stolen the idea and made it an anthem for wishful thinking. I'm against wishful thinking." (TIME Magazine, 26 Dec 2005)

Sometimes I feel similarly awkward whenever A Whole New World is played.


p.s. Bono, together with Bill and Melinda Gates, are TIME's 2005 Persons of the Year. I am definitely not a fan of U2 (& MS). and to me, Bono has been Edward de Bono. Given TIME has risked the controversy of naming and portraiting him (& Gates) the title 'winner', I'm convinced that he is adorable.

Maybe I'll pick up dad's U2 recordings soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home